Wisconsin Fishing Tips
- All persons who are 16 years old or over need a fishing license to fish in any waters of the State of Wisconsin, residents and non-residents alike.
- Do not fish with more than 3 hooks, baits or lures.
- Do not release unused bait into lakes, ponds, rivers and streams.
- Do not fish for a species of fish during the closed season for that species (includes catch and release fishing).
- Do not possess or fish for more than the daily bag limit allows.
Certain waters in Walworth County are designated as urban (or special) waters and have different regulations. Motor trolling is permitted county-wide (3 hooks, baits or lures per person).
The number and size of certain species that may be kept vary on all lakes.
For a more detailed listing of Wisconsin Fishing Regulations, please visit the Wisconsin DNR.