The Lakes Area REALTORS Association publishes the only Lakes Area Map that features the public and private lake access points on local Wisconsin lakes in Walworth County and western Kenosha County. Scroll to the map images below.
Printed copies of the map can be picked up at:
Wisconsin Boating Tips
The Wisconsin DNR requires that any person born on or after January 1, 1989 is required to complete a boating safety course to legally operate a motorized boat or personal watercraft (PWC) on Wisconsin waters. DNR recreational safety specialists recommend all boat operators complete a safety course.
- All vessels, including canoes, kayaks and paddle boards, must have an appropriate type and size life jacket for every person on board.
- The required navigation lights must be displayed between sunset and sunrise and during periods of restricted visibility.
- Do not operate while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Ensure the vessel is properly licensed and registered.
For a more detailed listing of Wisconsin Boating Regulations, please visit the Wisconsin DNR.
Wisconsin Fishing Tips
- All persons who are 16 years old or over need a fishing license to fish in any waters of the State of Wisconsin, residents and non-residents alike.
- Do not fish with more than 3 hooks, baits or lures.
- Do not release unused bait into lakes, ponds, rivers and streams.
- Do not fish for a species of fish during the closed season for that species (includes catch and release fishing).
- Do not possess or fish for more than the daily bag limit allows.
Certain waters in Walworth County are designated as urban (or special) waters and have different regulations. Motor trolling is permitted county-wide (3 hooks, baits or lures per person).
The number and size of certain species that may be kept vary on all lakes.
For a more detailed listing of Wisconsin Fishing Regulations, please visit the Wisconsin DNR.